Blueberry Loaf Cake
My two garden blueberry bushes are giving me an abundance of blueberries this year. I have a freezer full of gallon bags full of them. I thought I would try a new blueberry recipe. Although this looks like bread, it is actually a loaf cake. What a nice touch it was adding the cinnamon sugar topping giving this delicious and moist Blueberry Loaf Cake an extra burst of flavor.
Source: Nancy Anderson
In a large bowl cream the butter
Add the sugar and mix well with a spoon.
Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing
well with a spoon after each egg.
Add the milk and vanilla extract.
Mix well with a spoon.
Add the baking powder to the
flour and whisk together.
Add the flour mixture to
the creamed mixture.
Stir with a spoon just until combined.
Add the blueberries and gently stir.
Grease a 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
Combine the cinnamon and sugar
and sprinkle on top of the batter.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for
50-60 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean.
Blueberry Loaf Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to the cream mixture and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Combine the sugar & cinnamon topping and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack. Once completely cool, slice and serve or store in an airtight container. Can be frozen too.