Toasted buns topped with ground beef, pizza sauce, cheese and any of your favorite pizza toppings like mushrooms, onions, bacon etc. This was one of the first meals I made when I left my parents house and I am still making it 40 years later. It is a very kid friendly meal because you can put only the items they like on individual pizza burgers. I even ask them what kind of cheese they want which keeps everyone happy!
Ingredient – Plus any of
your favorite toppings.
Cover a large cookie sheet with foil.
Place the bun halves on the foil and
broil on the second oven rack from
the top until toasted. Turn them
over and toast the other side.
In a large skillet, cook ground beef
over medium heat until no pink
remains, drain grease.
Add the pizza sauce, stir to
combine and simmer until thick.
Using a spoon place the mixture onto
the toasted bun halves.
Top with your favorite cheese.
Place the pan under the broiler on the
2nd rack from the top and watching
carefully, broil until a golden
brown then serve.
- 5 – 6 hamburger buns (this makes 10 – 12 pizza burgers)
- 1# ground beef
- 1 – 15 oz. can of pizza sauce
- 8 oz your favorite cheese
(You can also add things like onions, mushrooms, pepperoni etc.)
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Place the halves of the buns onto the foil. Broil until a golden brown, watch carefully. Turn over and broil the other side.
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground beef until no pink remains. Discard excess grease.
- Add the pizza sauce, mix well and simmer until thick for about 5 minutes.
- Place a large spoonful onto each toasted bun half.
- Top with any cooked extras like onions, mushrooms etc.
- Top with your favorite cheese.
- Watching carefully, broil on the second oven rack from the top until melted and a golden brown then serve.