Two Minute Microwave Elephant Ear
A crispy, buttery tortilla sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and microwaved for two minutes for a delicious and quick dessert or snack. This isn’t doughy like the ones fried in grease at the festivals but a crispy treat instead. These are made with a 6” tortilla. I have also made these using the large tortilla and baked them in the oven. Click HERE to see the recipe for the oven version.
Lay a 6” tortilla flat on a
microwave safe plate.
Brush the top with melted butter.
Sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
I use 1 tsp. cinnamon to 1 Tbsp.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes,
depending on the power of your
microwave. Place on a clean plate.
Break into bitesize pieces and enjoy!
Two Minute Microwave Elephant Ears
- 1 – 6″ flour tortilla
- cinnamon sugar mixture (I use 1 Tsp. cinnamon to 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Lay the tortilla flat on a microwave safe plate.
- Brush the melted butter on the top of the tortilla completely covering it.
- Sprinkle whatever amount of the cinnamon sugar mixture you want evenly on top of the butter.
- Microwave for 2 minutes. Your time may change depending on the power of your microwave.
- Remove immediately to a clean plate, break into bitesize pieces and enjoy.