Hot Chocolate Bombs – Directions & Review
Have you ever heard of Hot Chocolate Bombs? I have wanted to make them for quite some time now. My mother in law gave me a silicone mold set with directions and I couldn’t wait to see how they would turn out.
I invited my granddaughter over so we could make them together. She first made Homemade Chocolate Brownies and Hershey’s One Bowl Buttercream Frosting all by herself and she made them perfectly, they were SO good! We are getting our chocolate fix all in one day!
We used a double boiler and melted mini milk chocolate chips.
My granddaughter worked on one mold and I did the other. We put the chocolate into the mold and spread it around with a baby sized spoon. They were refrigerated for 30 minutes so the chocolate would set up.
They popped out of the mold easily and without breaking.
We filled half of them 3/4 full with instant hot cocoa mix. My granddaughter made sure each one had two mini marshmallows that came with the hot cocoa pack.
After brushing some of the melted leftover chocolate on the edge of the filled chocolate shell, we put one empty chocolate shell on top making a chocolate ball filled with hot cocoa mix. To be fancy I drizzled melted chocolate on top.
I placed the chocolate bomb into a mug, heated milk in the microwave and poured it over the Hot Chocolate Bomb. The bomb melted immediately and the powder mix came rushing out.
I stirred it well and devoured the entire cup. I really didn’t think it would taste that good with so little hot cocoa mix inside, however, the milk chocolate is what made it taste so delicious.
- The silicon mold that was designed for these Hot Chocolate Bombs worked perfectly. The chocolate didn’t stick and the chocolate shell popped out very easily without breaking.
- The taste was delicious.
- A fun thing to do with kids.
- It was messy making these Hot Chocolate Bombs.
- If the chocolate wasn’t cool enough when you put chocolate on the edge to put the shells together, it melted the shell.
- I could get the same exact delicious taste by putting mini chocolate chips and a spoonful of hot cocoa mix in a mug and pouring hot milk over it. I won’t be making them again.
I have not been compensated for my review.