Spam Fried Rice
Making your own Fried Rice is not just easy but delicious. You can use ham, shrimp or whatever is your favorite meat if you don’t have Spam. Are you making rice for a meal? Make extra and put it in the refrigerator, like I did, to make this Spam Fried Rice even easier for your next meal.
I used the Classic Spam.
Cook your rice according to the package directions.
Cut the Spam into small bite sized
pieces and dice the onion.
In a small bowl whisk the eggs.
Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over
medium low heat. Once the oil is hot add
the onions, carrots and peas cooking until
the onion is translucent.
Add the spam and cook until hot.
Push the Spam and vegetables
to the side and add the eggs.
Cook the egg.
Toss the egg into the Spam and vegetables
then push it to the side and add the rice.
Cook until the rice is hot then toss it all together.
Add the soy sauce, toss well and serve.
Spam Fried Rice
- 4-5 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 – 12 oz. can original Classic Spam
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups long grain rice
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce or to taste
- Cook the rice according to the package directions then set aside.
- Cut the Spam into small bite sized pieces and dice the onion.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium low heat. Once hot add the onions, peas and carrots, cooking until the onion is translucent.
- Add the Spam and cook until hot.
- Push the Spam and vegetables to the side and add the eggs to the other side. Cook the eggs breaking them up into small pieces.Toss the eggs with the Spam and vegetables then push all of that to the side.
- Add the cooked rice to the empty side and cook until hot then toss everything together.
- Add the soy sauce, toss and serve.