Our home grown Okra is ready to pick. A fellow blogger told me that he cooks his Okra this way so I had to try it. The biggest concern I had was that it had no slime after it was cooked. He assured me it would not and he was right! Thank you Jeff for a great idea. Be sure to check out his website at http://www.JeffRab.com.
Slice the ends off of the okra and discard.
Slice the okra and place the pieces flat
onto a microwave safe plate.
Drizzle a little olive oil over the slices.
Toss until they soak up most of the oil.
Make sure the slices are separated
and flat then salt and pepper to taste.
Microwave for about 2 minutes or until
soft and no slime remains, then serve.
I cooked mine 2 minutes but my okra
was small and I didn’t have a lot of them
so yours may take a minute longer.
- 10 – 12 Okra
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat the okra dry then cut off both ends.
- Slice the okra 1/4″ thick and place on a microwave safe plate.
- Drizzle the okra slices with olive oil. Toss until the okra soaks up most of the oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave for 2 – 3 minutes until the okra is cooked, soft and no slime remains then serve.