This will become a regular burger in our house from now on! Ground beef mixed with Chorizo, cheddar cheese and seasonings then topped with your favorite kind of cheese. Add all your regular hamburger toppings for a great tasting burger! There is so much flavor in this burger that it has become my favorite burger!
I tripled my recipe and froze the uncooked extra patties. I made three patties for each recipe and they were too large for us. Next time I will make four patties per recipe.
My thanks to Christy as she inspired me to create this burger. Check out her site to see how she made her Chorizo Burger https://afoodieinthesouth.wordpress.com.
Ingredients – Plus all
your favorite toppings.
In a large bowl combine the ground beef
and Chorizo. Add the salt, chili powder
and shredded cheddar cheese.
Mix well with your hands.
Make four patties packing them tight.
Don’t they look amazing!
In a large skillet over medium
low heat, add the oil.
Once the oil is hot add the patties.
Cook until the center of the burger
is 160 degrees. Chorizo is pork so
this is a very important step.
Remove from the pan and serve
with all your favorite toppings.
- 1# ground beef
- 1/3# ground chorizo
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- All of your favorite burger toppings (cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, pickle etc.)
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef and ground chorizo. Add the salt, chili powder and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix well with your hands.
- Form tightly into four equal patties.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the patties. Cook until the center of the patty is 160 degrees. This is very important as chorizo is pork.
- Remove the patties from the skillet and place them on buns. Add all your favorite toppings then serve.