Rotini Pizza Casserole
Pasta, pizza sauce, sausage or ground beef, pepperoni and any of the delicious pizza toppings you love. Top all that flavor with cheese and bake for an amazing tasting meal.
Cook the pasta according to the
package directions then drain well.
Return pasta to the pan.
In a large skillet add the sausage,
onion and any other vegetables
like green pepper, mushrooms etc.
Cook until the sausage is completely
cooked through and the vegetables
are tender. Drain any fat.
In a large bowl add the sausage,
pizza sauce, soup and Italian seasoning.
Stir to combine.
Pour sauce into the pasta.
Toss to combine.
Spray a 4 quart casserole
dish with cooking oil.
Pour 1/3 of the pasta mixture
into the casserole dish.
Top with 1/3 of the pepperoni.
Repeat layers two more times until gone.
Top with all of the cheese.
Cover and bake in a 350 degree
preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Remove from the oven and take the lid off.
Turn on the broiler and put the casserole dish,
uncovered, under the broiler until the cheese
starts to brown, watching it carefully.
Place in a bowl then serve.
Rotini Pizza Casserole
- 1# Rotini pasta
- 1# Italian sausage, hot or mild (your favorite) or ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup each green pepper, mushrooms, bacon or any of your favorite pizza toppings (optional)
- 30 oz. (2 – 15 oz. cans) pizza sauce
- 10.5 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 6 oz. sliced pepperoni
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well and return to the pot.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the sausage (or ground beef), onions and any other vegetables until the sausage is completely cooked and the vegetable’s are tender. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, pizza sauce, soup and Italian seasonings.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pasta and toss to combine.
- Spray a 4 quart casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Pour 1/3 of the pasta into the casserole dish. Top with 1/3 of the pepperoni.
- Repeat step 7 two more times until all used up.
- Top with all of the cheese and cover with a lid.
- Bake for 35 minutes then remove from the oven. Take the lid off.
- Turn the broiler on. Broil, watching carefully, until the cheese starts to brown then serve.