Don’t you love a great tasting and easy Chocolate Brownie recipe? This is almost as easy as opening a box mix only without the added preservatives. I love to eat them with or without frosting. I also love to put chocolate chips in them. I think my favorite part about this recipe is not only how wonderful it tastes but that it only makes enough for an 8” pan. Now of course you can double or triple this recipe but I made this for the grandkids and I really didn’t want a ton of leftovers!
Source: Marge’s Brownies, by Marge Engler – Melody Burns from Cooking From Scratch on Debbie’s Back Porch Facebook Page.
In a medium bowl combine the cocoa, sugar, flour and salt.
In a small bowl whisk the eggs, then add the
butter, vanilla and stir to combine.
Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix to combine.
Spray an 8” x 8” baking pan with cooking oil
and evenly pour the brownie batter into it.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or
until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let cool and cut into squares then serve.
- 4 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine cocoa, sugar, flour and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs. Add the butter and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spray an 8” x 8” oven safe dish with cooking oil.
- Pour brownie batter into the pan. Spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool. Run a knife around the outside edge, cut and serve.
*If you double the recipe use a 10” x 13” pan.* Adjust the time.
*If you triple the recipe use a jelly roll pan.* Adjust the time.