Zucchini Pizza Boats
These Zucchini Pizza Boats were so delicious I couldn’t believe it was zucchini! I wanted to make a recipe for these for some time now. After tasting these I wish I had made them sooner! Zucchini Pizza Boats are my new favorite way to make zucchini (next to my Zucchini Bread). These were so simple to make and absolutely delicious!
Wash zucchini with water.
Slice them in half lengthwise.
Using a spoon scoop out the seeded section of each half.
Use a paper towel and pat dry the inside of the zucchini’s.
Brush olive oil on the bottom of an oven safe dish or pan.
Place the zucchini in the dish or pan and brush
olive oil on the inside of the zucchini halves.
Sprinkle the zucchini with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Place the diced tomato on the zucchini.
Sprinkle the zucchini with the freshly grated
parmesan cheese and then the mozzarella cheese.
Top each zucchini with pepperoni.
Bake uncovered in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until tender.
If the cheese isn’t golden brown, put the pan under the broiler to brown.
Top with more mozzarella cheese just until it melts then serve.
Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder to taste
- diced fresh tomato
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash zucchini with water.
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon and scoop out the seeded section.
- Use a paper towel and pat the entire zucchini halves dry.
- Brush olive oil on the bottom of an oven safe baking dish or pan.
- Place the zucchini in the dish or pan, cut side up, and brush the zucchini with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the diced tomato pieces in the zucchini.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
- Place pepperoni slices on top.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until tender.
- If the cheese is not golden brown, turn off the oven and turn to broil. Broil until the cheese is golden brown.
- Add a little more mozzarella cheese and leave under the broiler just until the cheese melts then serve.