Back in th 1970’s I went to work for the Gas Company. I was a teller at the time and once a month the company printed off a free recipe card that we passed out to our customers. This Savory Rice recipe was one of those recipes that I adapted to my own taste. It is absolutely fantastic and easy to make even for beginner cook!
Melt the butter in a medium
pan over medium heat.
Add chopped onions, garlic and rice.
Mix and cook over medium heat until
lightly brown, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth and seasonings.
Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
Pour rice into a 2 quart
casserole dish with a lid.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven
for 50-55 minutes until the liquid
is absorbed but not dry. I baked
this 50 minutes. Stir before serving.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 – 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and rice. Stirring constantly, cook until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, parsley, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Carefully pour into a 2 quart oven safe casserole dish with a lid.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until the liquid is absorbed but the rice is not dry.
- Stir before serving.