Meatballs tossed with penne pasta, sauce, seasonings, topped with cheese and baked in the oven. A meal easy enough for beginners to make and everyone will love.
Spray a 9” x 13” baking
dish with cooking oil.
In a large bowl combine the frozen
meatballs, spaghetti sauce, garlic powder,
onion powder, oregano and salt.
Cook the pasta according to the
package directions then drain.
Add the pasta to the meatballs
and sauce, toss to combine.
Place the meatball ingredients
into the prepared baking dish.
Spray a sheet of foil with cooking oil
and place the oil side down, on top
of the ingredients, then seal the edges.
Bake in a preheated 350º oven
for 30 minutes.
Discard the foil, sprinkle on the cheese
and bake another 5 minutes or
until the cheese melts.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
- 2# frozen cooked meatballs, keep frozen
- 24 oz. spaghetti sauce (Use 36 oz. if you like it saucier)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, or more if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking oil.
- Cook the penne pasta according to package directions then drain.
- In a large bowl add the spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and salt. Stir thoroughly then add the frozen meatballs and toss to coat the meatballs.
- Add the pasta to the meatballs and sauce then toss well to combine.
- Pour the ingredients into the prepared baking dish.
- Spray a sheet of foil with cooking oil. Lay the oil side down, on top of the ingredients then seal the foil to the baking dish edges.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered, discard the foil and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place back in the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts then serve.