Easy Cheesy Taco Pies
Seasoned ground beef and cheese sticks wrapped up in dinner roll dough then baked in the oven and dunked in your favorite sauce. These turned out fabulous and I didn’t even have to make the dough. I bought frozen dinner roll dough, thawed it overnight in the refrigerator and it couldn’t have been any easier.
Spray a baking sheet with cooking oil.
In a large skillet, over medium heat,
cook the ground beef and onion
until no pink remains then
discard the fat.
Add the taco seasoning and mix well.
Remove from the heat and let cool.
I had placed the dinner roll frozen
dough bag in the refrigerator
overnight to thaw, unopened.
Take out a ball of dough, press it
flat with your hand then roll it
into a circle with a rolling pin.
Add a heaping tablespoon of the
meat mixture to the center.
Cut each cheese stick into 3 pieces.
Place a piece of cut cheese stick
on top of the ground beef.
Fold the dough over to a half circle
shape and gently press closed.
Using a fork, press the edges
together to seal. Do not poke
any holes in the dough.
Place the pies on the
prepared baking sheet.
In a bowl, melt the butter then add
the garlic powder and dried parsley.
Stir until the parsley is rehydrated.
Brush the butter mixture
on top of the pies.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven
for 10-12 minutes or until golden
brown. These brown best if you bake
them one pan at a time on the middle
rack. These can be reheated in the
microwave and they also freeze well.
Easy Cheesy Taco Pies
- 1# ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 48 oz. package of frozen dinner rolls, thawed in the refrigerator overnight
- 10-12 unwrapped cheese sticks
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- taco sauce or your favorite dipping sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking oil.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until no pink remains then drain the fat.
- Add the taco seasoning and mix well. Remove from the heat to cool.
- Take one piece of dinner roll dough and flatten it with your hand. Using a rolling pin, roll it into a larger circle.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of ground beef to the center of the dough.
- Cut each cheese stick into three pieces. Place one cut piece on top of the ground beef.
- Fold the dough over the meat and cheese to make a half circle. Press the dough closed lightly with your finger. Using a fork, seal the edge of the dough by pressing down. Be careful NOT to poke any holes in the dough or the cheese will leak out.
- Place the pie onto the prepared baking sheet.
- In a bowl, melt the butter. Add the garlic powder and dried parsley, stirring until the parsley is rehydrated, about 1 minute. Brush the butter over the tops of the pies.
- Bake one pan at a time on the center rack for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are a golden brown then serve.