Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
I have been looking for a great Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe for a long time. I finally found the perfect recipe! Anyone can make this delicious bread. If you want to impress your guests, this is a must make recipe if you love lemon. I made this for our family get together but I’m telling you, I will make this again just for snacking on because it is that good!
Spray a 8-1/2 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Cut a piece of parchment paper to
fit the bottom of the pan. Place it
on the bottom that has been sprayed
with the cooking spray..
Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
Sift the flour, baking powder,
baking soda and salt together.
In a large bowl add the sugar and eggs.
Using a whisk, mix the eggs and sugar together.
Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon
juice and lemon zest to the egg mixture.
Whisk until well combined.
Add the flour mixture.
Whisk just until blended.
Mixture won’t be smooth.
Drizzle melted butter over the top
and then add the poppy seeds.
Using a rubber spatula, fold the
mixture together until combined.
Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven
for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let sit
for 5 minutes. Remove bread from the
pan and cool on a cooling rack.
Slice and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight bag.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-1/2 x 4 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom only of the sprayed pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the sugar and eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Add the buttermilk, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Whisk together until combined well.
- Add the flour and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Drizzle the butter on top and add the poppy seeds.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the mixture together until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.
- Store in an air tight bag or container.