This is not your typical meatloaf as this one is made with Ritz Crackers and cheese then topped off with a simple sauce. This is a moist meatloaf and it was a nice change from the regular meatloaf that I always make, it even got the hubby’s approval.
Whisk the egg with a fork.
Add the milk and whisk to combine.
Stir in the cracker crumbs.
Add the cheese and onion then stir to combine.
Salt and pepper to taste then stir.
Add the ground beef to the mixture.
Mix well with a large spoon or
by hand, mixture will be wet.
Spray a baking dish with cooking oil.
My dish is 8-1/2” long by 4-1/2” wide x 2-1/2” high.
Place the mixture into the baking dish.
Bake in a preheated 350º oven,
uncovered, for 40 minutes.
While the meatloaf is baking add the ketchup,
mustard and brown sugar to a small bowl.
Stir to combine and set aside.
Remove the meatloaf from the
oven and remove any excess grease.
Place the sauce on top of the meatloaf.
Bake for an additional 15 minutes, remove excess
grease and let it sit for 5 minutes then slice and serve.
- 1# ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 16 Ritz crackers, crushed fine
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup shredded American cheese (or cheddar)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg then add the milk and whisk again.
- Stir in the cracker crumbs until they are all wet.
- Add the cheese, onion, salt, pepper and stir.
- Add the ground beef and mix well with your hands or a large spoon, mixture will be very wet.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking oil, my baking dish is 8½” long by 4½” wide by 2-1/2” tall.
- Place the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, uncovered, then remove from the oven and drain any grease.
- While the meatloaf is baking in step 8, make the sauce by combining the ketchup, mustard and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- After you removed the excess grease in step 8, spoon the sauce on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, remove any excess grease then let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve.