What do you make when you have leftover meatballs? Meatball Subs of course and even if the meatballs aren’t leftover this makes for such an easy, quick, filling and delicious sandwich. Made with a toasted sub bun, any type of meatball, spaghetti sauce and melted cheese.
Place cooked meatballs into a saucepan.
You can use any type of meatball you
want, I used chicken meatballs.
Place enough spaghetti sauce onto the meatballs
to coat them and still have a little extra sauce.
Heat the meatballs and sauce until hot, stirring frequently.
Place the opened sub buns on a baking sheet.
Broil until golden brown.
Place the meatballs onto the toasted bun.
Using a spoon, pour some excess sauce over the meatballs.
Top with as much mozzarella cheese as you want.
Place it back under the broiler until the cheese melts.
- 1 sub bun per person
- 4 cooked meatballs per sub (chicken, beef or turkey)
- spaghetti sauce (enough to coat meatballs and have extra)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the cooked meatballs into a saucepan.
- Add enough spaghetti sauce to coat all of the meatballs and still have extra sauce.
- Heat the meatballs and sauce until hot, stirring frequently.
- Open the sub buns and place them onto a baking sheet. Broil until golden brown.
- Place four meatballs onto the toasted bun.
- Using a spoon, place some extra sauce over the meatballs.
- Top both sides of the bun with cheese.
- Broil until the cheese is melted then serve.