Oprah’s Ginger Peach Sorbet Recipe
I adapted Oprah’s original Ginger Peach Sorbet Recipe and it turned out wonderful. I am not a huge lover of a lot of ginger and I found it too strong for my liking. By leaving the ginger out it is a fabulous Peach Sorbet which is how I will be making it from now on.
In a small bowl combine the hot water, sugar, salt, lemon
juice and ginger (optional). Stir until sugar starts to dissolve.
Place the chopped frozen peaches in a bowl.
Pour the water mixture into the peaches and toss.
Pour the peach mixture into a blender and mix
until smooth and creamy. I could have eaten it just
like this. Since the peaches were still mostly frozen it was
like sorbet even without putting it in the ice cream maker.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker, following
the ice cream maker directions, then serve.
Oprah's Ginger Peach Sorbet Recipe
- 1/4 cup hot tap water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. pickled ginger
- 4 cups chopped frozen peaches, slightly thawed
- In a small bowl combine the hot water, sugar, lemon juice, salt and ginger. Stir until the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Place the chopped, partially frozen, peaches into a medium bowl.
- Pour the water mixture over the peaches and toss.
- Pour the entire mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the ice cream makers directions.
- Serve immediately.
You can leave out the ginger and make Peach Sorbet instead if you are not crazy about the ginger like me.