Tomato Cream Sauce
I took a trip to Trader Joe’s which is almost an hour away. I like to stock up on food when I go there and freeze it. I bought these ravioli because I love lobster and they looked so pretty! I have never cooked lobster ravioli before so I wasn’t sure what kind of sauce to make. I decided on this Tomato Cream Sauce recipe I found at http://www.halfbakedharvest.com which turned out to be a great choice. This was a creamy tomato sauce full of flavor that is made with tomatoes, cheese, onion, garlic, milk, parsley and basil.
I bought lobster and bolognese ravioli. Normally
I would make my own but these looked too
good to pass up! Yes even I cheat and
buy prepared food some times.
In a medium pot, heat the olive oil
and butter over medium heat.
Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for one minute.
Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Turn to low heat. Stirring occasionally cook
for 15-20 minutes until slightly thickened.
Stir in the milk, cheese, parsley and basil
then cook another 5-10 minutes until hot.
Serve over prepared and hot ravioli.
Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 oz. crushed tomatoes
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a medium pot over medium heat add the olive oil and butter heating until butter melts.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes then salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the milk, parmesan cheese, parsley and basil.
- Cook another 5-10 minutes until hot.
- Serve over ravioli or your favorite dish.