Stew does not get any heartier than this one. It has everything but the kitchen sink in it and my gosh does it taste amazing! Three types of meat, a huge variety of vegetables and flavor to make you go back for seconds. This recipe makes enough for leftovers and you will be glad it does.
Adapted from gonnawantseconds.
In a large pot or Dutch oven cook the bacon, saving the bacon grease.
Place the bacon on paper towel and set aside.
Brown the Kielbasa in the bacon grease.
Place Kielbasa on paper towel and set aside.
Add the ground beef, garlic and onion to a large
Dutch pot and cook until the onions are tender
and no pink remains in the ground beef.
Add the chili powder, salt and pepper then stir well.
Stir in the flour.
Add all the rest of the ingredients
EXCEPT for the frozen vegetables.
Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stir and turn to a simmer.
Cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, stirring frequently.
Add the frozen mixed vegetables and cook until
vegetables are done (see package directions for time).
Serve hot and enjoy, we sure did!
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 1” pieces
- 13 oz. Kielbasa, sliced into 1/2” thick pieces
- 1# ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced into 1” cubes
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz. dark red kidney beans, with liquid
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 11 oz. can corn, with liquid
- 7 oz. can mild green chiles
- 10 oz. can Rotel with green chilies
- 16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the bacon. Remove bacon to a paper towel covered plate and set aside leaving the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add the sliced Kielbasa to the bacon grease over medium heat and cook to a golden brown on both sides. Remove to a paper towel covered plate and set aside.
- Add the ground beef, onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook until the onion is tender and no pink remains in the ground beef.
- Add the chili powder, salt and pepper then stir to combine. Add the flour and stir.
- Add all of the rest of the ingredients except for the frozen mixed vegetables.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the potatoes are soft stirring frequently.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables and cook covered according to the package time, stirring frequently.
- This will be very thick with little liquid. Serve immediately. There will be plenty for seconds and leftovers!