Seafood Macaroni & Cheese
Seafood Macaroni and Cheese is pasta tossed with sour cream, cheese, crab meat, shrimp, topped with more cheese and bread crumbs. Place it into a buttered casserole dish and bake for a fabulous meal!
Adapted from cook heavenly recipes.
Cook the pasta Al dente, according to the
package directions, then drain thoroughly.
Place pasta into a large bowl.
Add the sour cream and
gently toss to combine.
Add the crab meat and toss gently.
Melt 4 Tbsp. of butter over medium
heat in a large skillet. Add the shrimp
and cook until the shrimp turn pink
and the tails curl, about 1 minute on each
side, then remove the skillet from the heat.
Remove the shrimp and slice
each shrimp into 3 pieces.
Add the shrimp to the pasta.
Place the skillet back on the heat and
add the diced green onion, cooking
a few minutes until tender. Add
1 Tbsp. more butter only if needed.
Add the flour, whisking constantly and
cooking for about 1 minute until lightly brown.
Slowly pour in the milk, whisking
constantly until the mixture thickens.
Add the white cheddar
cheese and stir until melted.
Pour cheese mixture over the
macaroni and gently toss to combine.
Add salt and pepper to taste and toss.
Butter the bottom and sides of a 4 quart
casserole dish with 1 Tbsp. of butter.
Pour the macaroni and cheese into the dish.
Top evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle the bread crumbs over
the cheese and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until
the top is lightly browned.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Seafood Macaroni & Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni (I used wagon wheel pasta)
- 6 oz. cooked and diced crab meat (fresh or canned)
- 8 oz. uncooked medium shrimp (peeled with tail removed)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. butter (to grease casserole dish)
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 green onion (finely diced)
- 1 – 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 8 oz. shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- paprika for color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta Al dente, according to the package directions, then drain thoroughly. Pour pasta into a large bowl.
- Add the sour cream and gently toss until all of the pasta is coated with the sour cream.
- Add the crab meat and gently toss.
- In a large skillet, melt 4 Tbsp. of butter over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook, about 1 minute on each side, until pink and the tails curl. Remove from the skillet from the heat then remove the shrimp, leaving the butter in the skillet.
- Cut each shrimp into 3 pieces then add them to the pasta and toss gently to combine.
- Return the skillet to the medium heat burner and add the diced green onion. Cook a few minutes until tender. Add 1 Tbsp. more butter if needed.
- Add the flour, whisking constantly, and sauté about 1 minute and a light brown in color.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring constantly until the liquid thickens.
- Add the white cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese melts.
- Pour mixture into the pasta bowl. Toss gently to combine well.
- Salt and pepper to taste, tossing to combine.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 4 quart casserole dish with 1 Tbsp. of butter.
- Pour pasta into the casserole dish then top with the Mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top then sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 – 25 minutes or until the top is a golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!