Tortillas filled with shredded chicken that is mixed with red enchilada sauce and cheese, topped with taco sauce, baked and topped with even more cheese. Yes they tasted as good as they look!
In a small bowl combine the shredded
chicken with the enchilada sauce.
Spray a 9″ x 9″ baking dish with cooking oil.
Lay the tortilla’s flat.
Divide equal amounts of the chicken
onto the bottom third of each tortilla.
Top with cheese.
Roll the tortilla over the chicken once.
Fold in the sides.
Continue rolling the tortilla to the end.
Place all of the tortillas into the baking dish.
Pour the taco sauce over the top.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree
oven for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top
with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 5 more minutes or
until the cheese melts.
Place on serving plates and enjoy.
- 1# shredded cooked chicken (I used cooked rotisserie chicken)
- 5-6 large flour tortilla’s
- 8 oz Mexican cheese, divided
- 10 oz red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup taco sauce (mild or medium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine shredded chicken with the enchiladas sauce.
- Spray a 9″ x 9″ baking dish with cooking oil.
- Lay the tortilla’s flat and divide equal amounts of the chicken onto the bottom third of each tortilla.
- Top all of the chicken with cheese, saving enough for the final topping later.
- Roll the tortilla over the chicken once. Fold in the sides then continue rolling the tortilla to the end. Repeat with all of the other tortilla’s.
- Place the tortilla’s in the baking dish.
- Pour the taco sauce evenly over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until the cheese melts then serve.