Green Eggs & Ham
Yes I did, I made Green Eggs & Ham just like in the Dr. Seuss book. What a great recipe to feed the family on St Patrick’s Day too! Green Eggs & Ham was requested by my granddaughter and she wanted to help make them. Both grandkids cleaned their plate. Did you know that when you make this you do not use green food coloring? It was a simple meal not to say quick and it tastes just like regular scrambled eggs.
Crack the eggs into a small bowl being
careful not to get any eggshell into the bowl.
Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
Add 3 drops of blue food coloring. Yes
blue because blue and yellow makes green.
Whisk until combined.
Add the salt and pepper and whisk.
In a medium non stick pan over medium
low heat, cook the ham about 2 minutes
until hot, stirring frequently.
Slowly pour the egg mixture over the
ham trying to keep the ham in place.
Cook the egg turning it and
breaking it up as it cooks.
Place into serving bowls and serve.
Green Eggs & Ham
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup ham, diced small
- 3 drops blue food coloring (I used liquid)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl being careful not to get any egg shell into the bowl.
- Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Place 3 drops of food coloring into the eggs and whisk until combined well and they are completely green.
- Add salt & pepper and whisk.
- In a medium non stick fry pan over medium low heat, cook the ham for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture over the ham trying to keep the ham in place.
- Cook the eggs turning and breaking them up as they cook. Cook until the egg is fully cooked.
- Place eggs into a serving bowl and serve.