What is Golumpki Soup you ask? Golumpki Soup it is a cabbage roll soup that is so easy to prepare! You don’t have to make the actual cabbage rolls because everything from the cabbage rolls is in there. All that wonderful taste with very little effort!
In a large pan over medium heat,
cook the ground beef and onion until
the ground beef is no longer pink.
Add the cabbage and cook another
4 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except
for the rice, and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil and then turn the heat
to a low boil. Cover and continue to low
boil for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the rice and stir.
Continue cooking, covered, another
30 minutes stirring frequently.
Place into a serving bowl and enjoy!
- 1# ground beef
- 1 regular head of cabbage, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 28 oz beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup long grain rice
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until the ground beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Add the cabbage and cook for 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the rice, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to a low boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir and cook another 30 minutes on a low boil, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into a serving bowl and enjoy!