Spicy Andouille Sausage with Cajun seasonings and pasta is what makes this recipe taste so good. Green pepper can also be added. This can be as spicy as you want it just by adding more or less Cajun seasonings.
Source: Laurie Lynard
Slice the sausage in half lengthwise
and then into bite size pieces.
In a large pan over medium
heat, add the oil and sausage.
Once it starts to brown,
add the chopped onion
and green peppers (optional).
Once the onion is tender add the
garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the tomatoes, water & stir.
Combine the thyme, basil, parsley,
Cajun seasonings, salt and pepper.
Add the spices to the sauce.
Stir and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
While the sauce simmers, prepare
the pasta according to package
directions, drain and add it to
the sauce along with the butter.
Stir and continue to cook without
the lid, on low heat, just until the liquid
is absorbed stirring frequently.
Place on a serving plate, garnish
with green onion and serve.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz Andouille sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green pepper (optional), seeds removed and diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp (or more) Cajun seasonings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups dry medium shell pasta
- 1 green onion, sliced thin for garnish
- Slice the sausage in half lengthwise and then into bite size pieces.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the oil and sausage. Cook until the sausage starts to brown.
- Add the onions and green peppers (optional) to the sausage and cook about 5 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and water then stir.
- Combine the thyme, basil, parsley, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper and add to the sausage. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- While that simmers, cook the pasta al dente. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce along with the butter.
- Stir and continue to cook, without the lid, just until the liquid is absorbed stirring frequently.
- Place on a serving plate and serve.