Meatloaf filled with Stove Top Stuffing (or your favorite) is a delicious, unique and totally different meatloaf than I have ever made before. A fellow blogger, The Belmont Rooster, posted a delicious meatloaf recipe. I decided to give it a try, but like most recipes, I did adapt it a bit. My grandkids are here so I needed to make it kid friendly. My 4 year old grandson asked for seconds.
Please visit my fellow bloggers post and recipe to see how wonderful he makes it. Click on the Belmont Rooster’s link below to see his recipe: https://thebelmontrooster.com/2019/01/14/belmont-roosters-favorite-stuffed-meatloaf/
Below is my step by step directions
for how I made my Stuffed Meatloaf!
Spray a meatloaf pan with cooking oil.
In a large bowl add the ground beef.
Add the rest of the ingredients
except the egg, milk and stuffing.
Using your hands combine completely.
In a small bowl slightly
whisk the egg with a fork.
Add the egg to the milk
and whisk together.
Pour egg mixture into the
ground beef mixture.
Combine until the egg is no longer
visible and it is mixed into the meat
mixture. Meat will be wet which will
help make the next step easy.
Place 2/3rd of the mixture into the
prepared meatloaf pan. Form it evenly
up all four sides and on the bottom.
Fill the center of the meatloaf with
all of the prepared Stove Top Stuffing.
Press it down slightly to compact it.
Place the rest of the meat mixture
evenly on top. Press it down
carefully to seal the meat
and stuffing together.
Place into a preheated
350 degree oven for 1 hour.
Keep it in the pan for 10 minutes,
then remove from the pan.
Slice and serve.
- 1 & 1/2 pounds ground beef (90/10 mixture)
- 3 pieces bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing, prepared (or your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a meatloaf pan (approximately 9″x 5″x3″) with cooking oil.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except the egg, milk and stuffing.
- Using your hands mix until completely combined.
- In a small bowl slightly whisk the egg.
- Add the egg to the milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the ground beef and combine until the egg mixture is no longer visible. Meat will be wet.
- Place 2/3rd’s of the meat mixture into the prepared meatloaf pan. Form the mixture evenly on the bottom and up all four sides of the pan.
- Fill the center with the prepared Stove Top Stuffing, packing it down slightly.
- Place the remaining ground beef mixture on top. Spread it out evenly to completely cover the top. Press it down carefully to seal the meat and stuffing together.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and set the pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from the pan, slice and serve.
Categories: Ground Beef