Golden Kolacky Cookies
Merry Christmas! I had time to bake one last cookie. There is only four ingredients in these Golden Kolacky Cookies and they tasted like they came from a bakery! This recipe doesn’t make a lot and the fruit preserves add a nice variety to my cookie tray. What is fascinating about this recipe is that there isn’t any added granulated sugar in the recipe. The sugar is only in the form of the fruit preserves.
Source: Favorite Brand Name Country Christmas
In a medium bowl add the
butter and cream cheese.
Using a mixer, mix butter and cream
cheese until smooth and creamy.
Gradually mix in the flour until combined.
Divide the dough in half, wrap in
plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
Lightly dust a rolling surface.
Remove one dough ball from the
refrigerator and remove the plastic wrap.
Roll to about 1/8″ thick.
Cut dough into 3” x 3” squares.
Roll any leftover dough
pieces and cut into squares.
Place a teaspoon of fruit
preserves in the center.
Pinch two corners that are across
from each other together.
Fold the pinched end over
and pinch to the side.
Place on an ungreased
cookie sheet 1” apart.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they
start to turn golden brown. Remove from
the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
Store in an air tight container.
Golden Kolacky Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Fruit preserves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter and cream cheese into a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the flour to the butter mixture until it forms a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm.
- Remove plastic wrap from one ball and roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8” thickness.
- Cut the dough into 3” squares. Roll any leftover pieces of dough into 3” squares too.
- Spoon one teaspoon of preserves onto the center of each square.
- Bring together two opposite corners and pinch together to seal.
- Fold the tip to one side and pinch to seal.
- Place the cookies 1” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool and store flat in an airtight container.