Do you have leftover cooked chicken and you don’t know what to do with it? Make these delicious Chicken Croquettes! If you want to, you can even prepare them early in the day, refrigerate them and cook them up in no time at all for dinner. Top them off with this easy to make delicious creamy sauce and you have a great start to an easy meal!
In a medium bowl add 1/3 of the soup, chicken,
1/4 cup of bread crumbs, celery, onion
and 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning.
Mix well with a spoon until combine. I use the
back of the spoon to cream the mixture together.
Cover a plate with waxed paper.
Shape the chicken mixture into 6 croquettes,
I made mine into patties.
Cover with waxed paper and
refrigerate at least an hour.
Remove from the refrigerator and cover both sides
of the croquettes with the 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
Melt the shortening in a large frying pan.
Add more if you need it while frying the chicken.
Add the chicken and cook
over medium low heat.
Cook until a golden brown on both sides.
Meanwhile, in a small pan over low heat,
add the rest of the soup, milk and 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning.
Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot.
Spoon sauce over the chicken croquettes and serve.
Chicken Croquettes Ingredients:
- 1/3 of a (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup. (The rest goes with the sauce.)
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken meat
- 1/4 cup Italian dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp minced celery
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup Italian dry bread crumbs (for coating)
- 1 Tbsp (or more) shortening
- The other 2/3 can of cream of chicken soup.
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a medium bowl combine 1/3 of the soup, chicken, 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs, celery, onion and 1/4 tsp of the poultry seasoning.
- Mix well and use the back of a large spoon to cream it all together.
- Shape into 6 croquettes, I make patties.
- Cover a plate with waxed paper and place the croquettes on the waxed paper.
- Cover them with another piece of waxed paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for one hour or more.
- Remove croquettes from the refrigerator and roll into the bread crumbs.
- In a large frying pan, melt the shortening.
- Fry the croquettes until a golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining soup, milk and 1/8 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Heat over low heat stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the sauce over the croquettes and serve.