Easy Chicken & Pasta
Easy Chicken & Pasta is a one pot meal and very good! I adapted this recipe years ago from a Campbell’s soup recipe that I cut out of a magazine. This can go from the pan to the table in about 30 minutes. A great nutritional recipe with chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and pasta. Make this even healthier by using 98% fat free cream soups.
Ingredients – I cooked my chicken by boiling it ahead of time.
You can also use leftover chicken from another meal or cook it
in the large skillet before you make the rest of the meal.
In a large skillet, add both cans of soup, water, basil and frozen vegetables.
Stir until combined.
Bring to a boil.
Add the pasta and cook until desired tenderness, stirring frequently.
We like our pasta soft, not Al Dante, so I used a lid to
retain more of the liquid since I cook it longer.
Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir and let sit for about 5 minutes so the liquid is absorbed, then serve.
Optional: Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and parsley.
Easy Chicken & Pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken, (boneless, skinless and cubed)
- 1 can 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 12 oz frozen vegetable combination (broccoli-cauliflower-carrots)
- 2-1/2 cups “uncooked” rotini pasta
- Optional: Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat add both soups, water, basil and frozen vegetables. Heat to a boil.
- Add the uncooked pasta and cook to desired tenderness, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 more minutes (so the liquid absorbs) then serve.
- Optional: Add freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and parsley for garnish.
Categories: Chicken, Pasta, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
Yummy, looks like it travels well too. I am going to make some of this for my daughters lunches she always packs for work.
Great idea! I actual am eating leftovers right now for lunch. I didn’t even heat it up…lol
Another recipe that sounds so tasty. I love pasta and I love chicken so this is the perfect combo!!
Thanks so much!
mmm. . . the Chicken and Pasta looks yummy.
Thank you Sheryl!
Looks tasty and I think it would be great to make ahead of time and chill it for those hot Summer evenings when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen.
That’s how I ate the leftovers the next day…..cold. It was delicious hot as well as cold! But it was funny because I didn’t need any salt eating it hot and needed to add salt eating it cold….lol Thanks for commenting Linda!
I like cold pasta salad in the Summer – make it ahead and ready when you are. You’re welcome Diane.
This sounds delicious! I can’t wait to give it a try
Thanks and enjoy it is one of our favorites.
Looks perfect. Definitely going to give it a try ☺️
Thanks we really love this!
I am sure I am going to love it too😀
Sounds good Diane, could I substitute whole wheat pasta? I know this diet is suppose to help with a few issues that I have, but I’m having to make a lot of substitutions in recipes.
Easy and delicious, just the recipe I was looking for!
We tried this for dinner this evening. Not only was it lovely but my 16 year o!d son asked me to teach him how to cook it, he liked it so much! I think it’s a hit!
No way! To find something a 16 year old likes is a definite keeper! Thank you for sharing that with me! I am so glad you liked it!