Making a Lobster Roll can be as simple or complex as you want to make it. My husband and I went to Mystic Connecticut and there was a little roadside fast food carry out serving cooked seafood. You could eat at the picnic tables outside if you wanted to so we did. We both opted for the Lobster Roll and it was a great choice! They made it simple by stuffing the bun full of lobster with nothing but mayonnaise mixed with it. The bun was grilled with butter and it’s was amazing! Of course fresh lobster was much better than my frozen lobster tails but mine were still delicious!
Roughly chop the cooked lobster meat.
Add mayonnaise to your liking, I used my homemade mayonnaise.
Cut your bun in half and butter the inside of the top and bottom bun.
Place the bun butter side down, in a frying pan, cooking until golden brown.
Place lobster meat mixture on the bun until it is overflowing.
Garnish with celery leaves as they add a lot of flavor.
Place it on your plate and enjoy, I know I did!
- 1# lobster meat, cold
- approximately 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- uncut hotdog or hoagie type buns
- 2 Tb butter, melted (per bun)
- 1/4 cup celery leaves
- Roughly chop the lobster meat.
- Add enough mayonnaise to the lobster until it is the way you like it.
- Refrigerate lobster mixture until ready to use.
- Cut the bun in half and butter the inside of both bun pieces.
- Brown the buttered side in a large fry pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Place the bun on a plate, buttered side up.
- Add as much lobster mixture as the bun will hold.
- Place celery leaves over the top of the lobster.
- Place the top bun on and serve.