I finally came up with a delicious Homemade Meatball recipe that my husband and I both absolutely loved! I made these with half ground beef and half Italian sausage. I used an ice cream scoop to form them so they are as big as they are good!
Place the ground beef in a large bowl.
Add the Italian sausage and mix well with your hands.
Mix the dry ingredients into the ground beef mixture.
Add the milk and egg then mix well with your hands.
Using an ice cream scoop, make 24 meatballs.
Place the meatballs on a large baking sheet covered
with foil and heavily sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Pour enough spaghetti sauce into a slow cooker to make it about 1/2” deep.
Layer the meatballs on top of the spaghetti sauce.
Pour the remaining sauce on top of the meatballs.
Cook on high for two hours.
Remove the meatballs to a plate.
Serve on top of spaghetti with the sauce, make a meatball sub or just eat it as is!
- 1# ground beef
- 1# Italian sausage, I used hot but any will do
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 48 oz spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ground beef and Italian sausage in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the eggs and milk.
- Mix with your hands until combined.
- Add the eggs and milk and mix well with your hands.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray heavily with cooking spray.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make 24 meatballs and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove from the oven.
- In a slow cooker, pour spaghetti sauce about 1/2” deep.
- Place the meatballs on in the spaghetti sauce. Pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce over the top of the meatballs.
- Cook on high for two hours then serve.