Kid friendly Tortilla Bites are made with your favorite meat and cheese. They are wonderful to make up and store in the refrigerator for the kids and adults to snack on. Making them with a color contrast makes them very appealing. Great as an appetizer, snack or even a meal. Tortilla Bites are nice to serve for a party or any other type of get together because they can be prepared ahead of time.
Lay a tortilla flat and spread a thin layer
of a condiment on top or just leave it plain.
Layer a row of spinach leaves about
1/3 of the way up from the bottom.
Top with both types of cheese slices.
Place tomatoes and lunch
meat on top of the cheese.
Tightly roll the tortilla as my
husband is in this picture.
Once it is rolled tight, secure it with
toothpicks where you will be cutting
it into small bite size pieces.
Slice the ends off and discard (or eat).
Cut between each toothpick.
Place on a serving plate and eat
immediately or cover with plastic
wrap and place into the refrigerator
until ready to serve.
- 1 – 10” flour tortilla
- 6-10 thin slices of turkey lunch meat
- 1 slice American cheese, cut in half
- 1 slice Provolone cheese, cut in half
- 2 cups spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 – Italian tomato, diced thin
- 2 – Tbl condiment, optional
- Lay one tortilla flat. Spread condiment over the tortilla.
- About 1/3 up from the bottom of the tortilla, place a row of spinach leaves.
- Place both types of cheese on top of the spinach.
- Place diced tomatoes on top of cheese then add the lunch meat.
- Roll the tortilla tightly.
- Place toothpicks about 1″ to 1-1/2″ apart securing the tortilla.
- Cut off the ends and discard or eat them. Slice between toothpicks making bite size pieces.
- Place on a serving plate seam side down, pull out the toothpicks and serve immediately. If not eating right away cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Categories: Cheese, Condiment/Spread, Sandwich, Snacks/Appetizers, Turkey, Vegetables/Slaws/Salads
Looks lovely and yummy. Very nice presentation.
Thank you!!! I fixed another one for lunch today but used my Sriracha sauce! So many ways to change the taste.
Looks like a great Super Bowl party snack.
omg this looks so yummy! Definitely trying this out!
Thanks they are so good!
Now I can see why I always have trouble rolling these up. I’ve always tried to spread the filling all over before rolling. Next time I’ll just put it in the middle like you showed it. Thanks for that Diane.
LOL my husband had to show me too! I finally can do it. You’re welcome Chris!
Sound so good!
They are thank you!
My four year old would love making these with me!
Awe that would be fun!
So simple and yet so tasty looking. And I guess endless of opportunities for the filling 🙂
Oh yes definitely endless possibilities! There are so many meats and cheeses to change off with. It’s like a totally different Tortilla Bite every time. Thanks and have a great Friday!
I’ve made these a few times since your original post Diane. I get the rolling right now, and they are just perfect for entertaining.
I’m so glad you like them Chris. I must confess, I had to have my husband teach me the best way to roll them the first time!