Did You Know – Hash Browns
Have you ever wondered how to get your hash browns this crispy? Learn how by reading below.
- Shred your peeled, raw potatoes with a hand stainless steel grater or the shredding disk attachment on your food processor.
- Place the shredded potatoes into a bowl of water and rinse them. Using your hands toss them around for a few minutes to remove some of the starch.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander and pat dry with paper towel, leaving them in the colander.
- Now this step is the secret to crispy hash browns. Pick up the potatoes and squeeze them with your hands as hard as you can without wringing them, just squeeze. You will see water coming out of the potatoes. Put them back into the colander, toss them around and squeeze them again. Repeat this step 3-4 times or until you can’t squeeze out anymore water. Another way to remove the water is to squeeze them in a cheesecloth by twisting it.
- Season the potatoes with your favorite seasonings.
- Cook the seasoned potatoes in a non stick or cast iron skillet in 2-3 Tbsp. of melted butter. Add more butter if they need it while the potatoes are cooking.
- Last tip is do not flip the potatoes until the bottom is brown and crispy. Once crispy on the bottom side, cut them into serving size pieces with the spatula then flip each section carefully, cook the other side until brown and crispy. Using your spatula cut the hash browns in the same place as before making serving size pieces, then serve.
- That’s it and enjoy your Crispy Brown Hash Browns!
Picture from Pixabay