Crispy Air Fryer Fish Fillets
Crispy, delicious and straight from the Air Fryer! Fish fillets coated in flour, egg and breading then sprayed with cooking oil and air fried without all that greasy mess. My son gave us a bag of walleye that he caught and the Air Fryer didn’t disappoint!
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
Spray the basket with cooking oil on the bottom and sides.
Place the flour, egg and breading into 3 different bowls or plates.
Coat the fish with flour.
Coat the fish with egg,
making sure all of the flour gets wet.
Coat the fish with your favorite breading.
My son hooked us on this breading that we buy at Kroger’s.
You can use any kind that is your favorite though.
Place the fish onto a plate that is covered with waxed paper.
Spray the fish on top with cooking oil making sure every
part has oil. Don’t do this until you are ready to put the
fish into the air fryer. If you leave any dry breading
it won’t brown or taste good. It will seem like
a lot of spray but this step is important.
Carefully place the fish, sprayed side down, into
the basket trying to keep them from touching.
Completely spray the top side making
sure all of the breading has oil.
Air Fry at 400 degrees for 7 minutes.
If fish is thin you may want to reduce to 5 minutes.
Turn the fish over and cook for 4 minutes
more or until both side are crispy.
Do you know what part of the fish this is?
This is the cheeks of the walleye. My son
hooked me on these tender, delicious little
nuggets from the walleye. If you ever get the
chance to try the cheeks of fish you will love them!
Crispy Air Fryer Fish Filets
- 1# fish fillets
- 1 egg whisked with 1 Tbsp. water
- 1-2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-2 cups fish breading (or your favorite)
- Spray oil
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Spray the basket with cooking oil on the bottom and sides.
- Place the flour, egg and breading into three different bowls or plates.
- Coat a fish fillet with flour.
- Coat the fillet with the egg mixture, leaving no dry spots or the breading won’t stick.
- Coat the fillet with the breading.
- Place fillets onto a waxed paper covered plate. Repeat steps 4-6 until all of the fillets are coated.
- Just before you are ready to air fry, spray the entire top of each fillet with the cooking oil until there is no dry breading showing.
- Place the fillets, sprayed side down, onto the bottom of the basket without touching each other.
- Spray the entire top of each fillet in the air fryer with the cooking oil until there is no dry breading showing.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. If your fillets are thin you may want to reduce the time.
- Turn the fillets over and air fry another 4 minutes or until crispy. Keep an eye on them as the thinner fillets will get done before the thicker fillets and you will need to remove them first.
- Serve immediately or keep warm until they are all cooked.