Snow Ice Cream
What do you do with all that snow outside? Have your granddaughter make Ice Cream, of course, and you do not need an ice cream maker to do it. This is not just a fun activity to do with the kids but it tastes good too. We made ours with Half and Half but you can also make it with milk or heavy cream (the best). Add some chocolate, strawberry or caramel syrup and it tastes even better yet! You can make this in just a few minutes and it makes enough for everyone.
You only need 3 ingredients to add to your snow.
Don’t get the snow until you have the rest
of the ingredients mixed together.
In a medium bowl add the milk, Half and Half
or heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla.
Stir until the sugar is completely
dissolved then refrigerate.
Gather a gallon container of clean snow.
Add the prepared liquid ingredients to the snow.
Fold the liquid into the snow making sure it
is mixed in thoroughly, then serve. You can
top with ice cream toppings or even stir in
a little chocolate syrup to make chocolate ice
cream. Serve immediately and freeze any extra.
If you are really adventurous, you can add
Hot Cheetos to your ice cream like my
granddaughter did….yuck! That girl lives
for Hot Cheetos and even crushes them
up in her Ramen Noodle Soup!
Snow Ice Cream
- 1 gallon snow
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups Half and Half (or milk or heavy cream)
- In a medium bowl stir together the sugar, vanilla extract & Half and Half (or milk or heavy cream) until the sugar completely dissolves then refrigerate.
- Gather one gallon of clean snow. I look for a drift where there are no footprints from nature. I scrape the top layer of the snow off and scoop up the clean snow in the layer below.
- Immediately add the liquid mixture to the snow. Fold the snow and liquid mixture together until thoroughly combine and looks like ice cream.
- Serve immediately and top with ice cream toppings if you want. You can also mix a little chocolate syrup into the ice cream to make chocolate ice cream.