Country Fried Bacon
I bet you have never had bacon like this before! Thick sliced bacon soaked in Half and Half, dredged in seasoned flour then deep fried for the most delicious bacon ever!
Adapted from http://www.allrecipes.com
Slice the bacon in half.
Separate the pieces of bacon and place them flat into a
shallow dish. You will only get half of the bacon into a
9” x 13” dish so use two dishes.
Pour enough Half and Half over the bacon just to cover it.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes but not more
than 2 hours. This step helps reduce the bacon from
curling and adds a wonderful flavor.
Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper and sugar in a shallow dish.
Remove the bacon dish from the refrigerator then take
bacon a piece at a time and shake off excess Half and Half.
Place the bacon into the flour mixture, coating both sides.
Heat oil to about 365 degrees over medium heat.
Carefully drop the bacon into the oil turning over
halfway through cooking. Once golden brown,
place the bacon in a single layer onto a plate
covered with paper towels.
Country Fried Bacon
- 1# thick sliced bacon
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Slice the pound of bacon in half with a sharp knife.
- Separate the bacon pieces and lay them flat into a shallow dish, you may need two dishes.
- Pour just enough Half and Half over the bacon to cover it. Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes but not more than 2 hours. This step helps to reduce the bacon from curling and adds extra flavor.
- In a shallow dish combine the flour, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Remove the bacon dish from the refrigerator and shake off the excess liquid from one piece of bacon at a time then place it into the flour mixture, coating both sides.
- In a deep skillet heat the oil to about 365 degrees over medium heat. Place about four pieces of bacon into the oil at a time, turning each piece over halfway through cooking. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Once the bacon is golden brown on both sides, remove with a slotted spoon and place the bacon, in a single layer, onto a plate covered with paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
That looks amazing. Bacon to the next level!!!
Hahaha that’s for sure! Thanks!
Oh yes!!!! Thanks!
i like the sound of country fried bacon
i will be attempting to make this next week
thanks for the recipe
You’re welcome you will do fine!
Yes please! This looks absolutely yum! I never would have thought of doing anything like this with bacon (I’m rather boring). Sounds delicious. xx
Haha it was really good. Thanks!
Wow, that sounds pretty amazing 😲
Yummy yum yum!
It really was, thanks!
Hmm… simple yummy bacon!
Wow.. have you kicked it up a notch! You could do almost anything to bacon, and I would happily consume it.
There wasn’t any left…lol Thanks Angela!
Wow that is a different way to do bacon. I have never seen this before. We like bacon so will have to try this.
We thought it was very good, enjoy!
Given that bacon is good any time of day, I am still curious. At which meal did you serve this?
It was an snack! Lol (Honestly) I was in one of those moods where I just felt like cooking and I was making one new thing, we ate it, and then I made another.
Sometimes that is a better way to eat. You enjoy each thing more because you are not full from a huge meal and you can concentrate on the flavors and textures of that one thing.
And who doesn’t like bacon … we’re surely going to try this one, it looks yummy 👍🏻
Thanks it was really good!
It went over real good…lol Thank you!
Looks sinfully delicious lol. I’m going to have try this.
Thank you I think you will be happy you do!
WOW!!! I could make a whole meal out of that! Fantastic!! 🌟 😋 🥓
Me too and what’s funny is that was not only the first time eating it country fried, but the first time eating thick bacon! Boy have I been missing out…lol
Hi thanks for sharing this recipe with all of us. I hope you too want to know How To Make Gobi Samosa It is india’s one of most popular breakfast & tea time recipe.
Thank you so much and I will check out your Gobi Samosa!!! ❤️
This sounds delightfully indulgent for all of us bacon fans!
Yes, for this bacon fan too! Thanks!!!
Sounds good and no I have never had bacon like that and I enjoy bacon 🥓 very much
This was my first time and it tasted amazing. Thank you for stopping by Steve!
Nope, never seen that done before – how nice on a country-style breakfast platter … I’d be in Heaven for sure.
We ate them for an appetizer..lol
Wow, that’s decadent! I’m going to have to try it 😀
This was my first time, it was delicious! Thanks!