Apple Fritter Bread
Apple Fritter Bread is filled with chopped apples, a cinnamon sugar mixture with nuts (optional), a wonderful tasting loaf and topped with glaze. It tasted amazing!!!!!
This recipe was made at a cooking class that I attended. Other than the picture above, all pictures were taken at the class making it hard to get decent pictures as we moved along very fast.
Adapted from http://www.tasteoflizzyt.com
Peel, core and dice
apples into small pieces.
In a large bowl add the butter
and granulated sugar.
Cream together until smooth
and creamy using a spoon.
In a small bowl whisk the
eggs with the vanilla.
Add the eggs to the batter
and mix until combined.
Add the flour and baking powder
alternately with the milk, stirring
after each addition, just
until combined. Do not over stir.
Spray cooking oil into a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan.
(I used two smaller pans so I could split
the recipe with my partner.)
Pour 1/3rd of the mixture
into the loaf pan.
Place the apples on top.
(You will only have one pan.)
In a small bowl mix together the brown
sugar, cinnamon and nuts (optional).
Sprinkle mixture on top of the apples.
Spread the remaining batter on top of the
cinnamon mixture. This can be tricky so I
dropped small spoonful’s all around
the top and then spread it.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for
40 – 50 minutes or until the top is golden
brown and the inside tests done.
Cool on a wire rack and then glaze.
In a small bowl combine the
powdered sugar and heavy cream.
Spread the glaze over the
top of the cooled bread.
Slice and serve. Store the bread
in an airtight container.
Apple Fritter Bread
- 2 large apples (1 & 1/2 cups diced)
Cinnamon Sugar Ingredients
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
Loaf Batter Ingredients
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 & 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel & core the apples then dice small. You will need 1 & 1/2 cups total.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and granulated sugar with a spoon until smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs to the batter, whisking until combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder alternately with the milk, stirring after each addition, just until combined. Do not over stir.
- Spray a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with cooking oil.
- Pour 1/3rd of the batter into the pan and place the apples on top.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts (optional). Sprinkle on top of the apples.
- Spread the remaining batter on top. Place small spoonful’s all over the top then spread it.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and the inside tests done. Completely cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, in a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and heavy cream. Spread it over the top of the bread. Store in an airtight container.