Easy Salisbury Steak
If you want a quick and easy meal to prepare, this is it! Everyone was a member of the clean plate club when we were done eating. This is a great kid friendly meal. This recipe uses regular hamburgers, fresh or frozen, and they cook on top of the range in a delicious gravy. I would have loved to add mushrooms but nobody but me likes them!
In a large frying pan over
medium heat, melt the butter.
Add the onions and cook until tender.
Remove the onions to a bowl and set aside.
Brown the hamburger patties in the same
pan cooking about 2 minutes on each side.
In a small bowl, whisk together the beef
broth, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
Place all 6 browned hamburger
patties flat into the pan.
Top with the cooked onions.
Pour the broth mixture into the pan.
Bring to a simmer and cover.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove the hamburger patties
from the pan and keep warm.
Turn the burner with the gravy pan
to medium and bring to a hard
simmer stirring constantly.
Sprinkle the flour over the top and
whisk continuously until the flour is
mixed in and the gravy thickens.
Remove pan from the heat.
Place a hamburger patty on a plate
with rice or mashed potatoes.
Ladle the gravy over the
hamburger patty and the rice.
Add a vegetable and you
have a delicious meal!
Easy Salisbury Steak
- 6 hamburger patties, 1/4 pound each (1 & 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions to the pan and cook until tender. Remove onions from the pan and set aside.
- Brown hamburger patties about 2 minutes on each side in the same pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together beef broth, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place all 6 browned hamburger patties flat into the pan.
- Place cooked onions on top of the hamburger patties.
- Pour the broth mixture into the pan. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove hamburger patties to a plate and keep warm.
- Turn the burner to medium and stirring constantly bring to a hard simmer.
- Sprinkle the flour over the gravy and whisk constantly until the flour is mixed in and the gravy thickens. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place a hamburger patty on a serving plate and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Ladle the gravy over the rice (or mashed potatoes) and hamburger patty. Serve with a vegetable and enjoy!