I don’t know if these Taco Scoops were more fun to make or more delicious to eat! I suppose these should be an appetizer but we made a meal out of them. My gosh did these taste amazing!
In a large frying pan over medium heat,
cook the diced onion and ground beef until
the onion is tender and the ground beef has
no more pink remaining, discard any grease.
Add taco seasoning to the water and mix.
Pour the water mixture over the ground
beef and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
Add the salsa.
Add half of the cheese.
Stir until melted then remove
the pan from the heat.
Fill the scoops with the mixture.
Place on a large foil covered baking sheet.
Top with the rest of the cheese.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven
until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
Top with sour cream and serve.
- 1# ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 8 oz Mexican cheese
- 1 bag Scoops Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until the onion is tender and the ground beef is no longer pink, discard the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning to the water and stir. Pour it into the ground beef and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the salsa and stir until hot.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted then remove the pan from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill the scoops with the ground beef mixture and place them on a large foil covered baking sheet.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts about 5 minutes,
- Top with a small dollop of sour cream and serve.