Chicken Cordon Bleu
Chicken breast filled with ham and Swiss cheese is what makes this delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu taste so amazing. It was a huge hit with the grandkids, hubby and me…….. there were no leftovers. You know it has to taste great because I rarely fix fried food but this is an exception!
Source: My Great Recipes
Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of
plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of
a mallet. Pound very thin but don’t let it get
holes in the chicken. Try to pound it
into a circle the best you can.
Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice
of ham the top of the chicken.
Roll up the chicken tightly with the
ham and cheese inside. Wrap the
chicken in plastic wrap and squeeze
the air gaps out of the chicken roll.
Remove the plastic wrap and use
toothpicks to hold the chicken together if
necessary. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Lightly coat the chicken all
over with the cornstarch.
In a large heavy fry pan over
high heat, melt the butter.
Add the chicken rolls.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Cook on all sides until brown and
cooked through. Do not over cook.
Slice removing any toothpicks and serve.
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 thin slices of ham, about 1 oz. each
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place one chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a mallet. Pound very thin but not so thin that holes form. Try to pound them into a circle shape.
- Place one piece of ham and one piece of cheese on the top of one end of the chicken.
- Roll the chicken up tightly starting with the ham & cheese side.
- Wrap the rolled chicken in plastic wrap and squeeze getting out the air gaps. Remove the plastic wrap and use toothpicks to help keep the chicken together if necessary.
- Repeat steps 1 – 4 with remaining chicken.
- Lightly coat each chicken roll all over with the cornstarch.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over high heat.
- Add the chicken rolls then salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on all sides until the chicken is browned and the chicken is completely cooked through but do not over cook.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully remove the chicken from the pan. Remove the toothpicks, if any, then slice each roll into 3 pieces and serve.