I have made this recipe since the early 1990’s. Don’t be fooled, it is not just baked spaghetti. If you really want a twist from regular spaghetti give this a try. I don’t make mine like other typical Spaghetti Casserole recipes.
Break the uncooked spaghetti into thirds
and boil according to the package
directions cooking until al dente.
Drain and set aside.
Spray a 9” x 13” oven safe
pan with cooking oil.
In a large frying pan over medium
heat cook the onion and ground beef.
Cook until the onion is tender and
the ground beef is no longer pink.
Drain & discard the excess grease.
Put the ground beef into a large bowl.
Add all the rest of the ingredients
but only half of the cheese.
Toss until combined.
Pour into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle the rest of the cheese
on top. Cover and refrigerate for a
couple of hours or overnight.
Remove casserole from the
refrigerator and uncover.
Let it sit on the counter for
30 minutes. Bake in a preheated
350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve.
- 16 oz. uncooked spaghetti
- 1# ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 – 10.75 oz. cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 & 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 40 oz. spaghetti sauce
- Break the uncooked spaghetti into thirds. Boil to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the diced onion and ground beef until the onion is tender and ground beef no longer pink. Drain the grease and discard.
- Place the cooked ground beef into a large bowl. Add all the rest of the ingredients except only add half of the cheese. Toss to combine.
- Pour spaghetti into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the other half of the cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator, uncover and let sit on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes then serve.