If you love the taste of Cheesecake, you will definitely love these. A simple and delicious Cheesecake Bar that will disappear fast! These would make a great dessert for just about any occasion or for after a family meal. I will definitely be making these again!
Source: Cooks Delight
In a medium bowl, cream the
butter and brown sugar.
Add the flour.
Using your fingers, combine the flour and
butter mixture making course crumbs.
Mixture will look like this.
Reserve 1 cup of the crumb
mixture and set aside.
Spray an 8” by 8” oven safe
pan with cooking spray.
Pour the remainder of the crumbs
from the bowl evenly into the pan
and press it down with your knuckles.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven
for 12-15 minutes or until lightly
brown. Remove from the oven
and place on a cooling rack.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream
cheese and granulated sugar
with a mixer until smooth.
Add the egg, milk, lemon juice and
vanilla. Beat well with the mixer
until smooth about 1 or 2 minutes.
Pour the cream cheese mixture onto
the baked crust and spread it out evenly.
Sprinkle the 1 cup of reserved crumbs
evenly over the top. Bake in the preheated
350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Let cool then cut into 16 squares.
Store covered in the refrigerator.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter and brown sugar with the back of a large spoon.
- Add the flour and mix with your fingers making small course crumbs.
- Reserve one cup of the crumbs and set aside.
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ oven safe baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the remainder of the crumbs evenly into the pan. Press the crumbs down firmly using your knuckles.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly brown. Place the pan on a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the granulated sugar using a mixer. Add the milk, egg, lemon juice and vanilla and beat about 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the crust spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool the cut into 16 squares and serve.
- Store leftovers covered, in the refrigerator.