What a great bread for the holidays! Pumpkin is one of my favorite kinds of pies, cookies, bread or just about any dessert. This Pumpkin Bread recipe is as easy as it gets! It is a delicious and moist bread that you mix with a spatula or whisk. I adapted this recipe from a Taste of Homes magazine recipe back in the 1990’s.
In a large bowl combine the pumpkin,
sugar, milk, eggs and butter.
Use a large spoon or a whisk
and stir until smooth.
In a small bowl combine
the dry ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to
the pumpkin mixture.
Stir well with a spatula.
Grease a 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan.
I used my Non Stick Pan Coating recipe for this step.
This stuff is amazing and food never sticks. The link is below:
Pour the pumpkin batter into the
greased pan and spread it out evenly.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven
for 65 – 70 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Run a knife around the outside edge
of the bread and carefully
remove the bread from the pan.
Place bread on a cooling rack.
Let cool or serve warm.
- 1 cup canned or cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs and butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin and stir well until combined.
- Grease a 9” x 5” x 3” loaf pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan evenly.
- Bake for 60 – 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife between the pan and bread then remove from the pan.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cold.