I grew up fishing for Perch and that’s what I cooked today. I don’t make a lot of healthy meals but this isn’t too bad. The breading is only on the top side of the fish and they bake in just 10 minutes without all that grease from frying but you still get the wonderful flavor of the breading.
Line a large baking sheet with
foil and spray with cooking oil.
In a shallow bowl or plate,
add the dry ingredients.
Mix dry ingredients together.
Brush melted butter on the skin side of a fillet.
Immediately place buttered skin
side into the crumb mixture but
do not coat the other side of the fillet.
Place the fillet, skin side up, onto
the foil covered baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes in a
preheated 500 degree oven
one shelf above the middle shelf.
Place on a serving plate
and serve immediately.
- 1 pound fish fillets, rinsed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Rinse the fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- On a plate combine the dry ingredients.
- Brush the melted butter over the skin of a fillet.
- Place the buttered skin side of the fillet into the dry crumbs. Do not coat the other side of the fillet.
- Place the fillet skin side up onto the baking sheet.
- Move the oven rack one shelf above the center shelf.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven for 10 minutes. Fish should be able to flake apart with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and place the fillets on a serving plate.
- Serve immediately.