This Western Omelette is Stuffed full of potatoes, onions, green pepper, bacon and with two kinds of cheese. My husband cooked his potatoes and veggies on the grill before he made this wonderful omelette. (Vegetable link below) This is a great way to use up those leftover potatoes and vegetables from supper last night. You can use any cooked potato or vegetables you would like making it easy to make everyone’s favorite omelette!
Spray a large non stick frying pan with cooking oil.
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with 1-2 Tbsp water.
Heat the frying pan to medium low
heat and pour the eggs into the pan.
Salt and pepper the eggs.
Let the eggs cook until they are set and
you can use a spatula to loosen them
from the edge. Add the cooked potatoes
and veggies to the top third.
Add the cheddar cheese.
Loosen most of the egg and carefully
fold it on top of the potatoes and veggies.
Place the American cheese slices on top.
Remove the pan from the heat and cover
the pan with a lid until the cheese melts.
Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve.
- 3 large eggs
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 1-2 cups cooked vegetables such as onion, potato, green pepper
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 slices American cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a large non stick frying pan with cooking oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the water.
- Heat the frying pan over medium low heat.
- Pour the eggs into the pan.
- Salt and pepper the eggs….do not stir the eggs.
- Let the eggs cook until the eggs are set and you can use a spatula to loosen the egg from the edge.
- Add the potato, vegetables and bacon to the top third of the eggs.
- Add the cheddar cheese on top of the veggies.
- Loosen the egg carefully from the pan and fold the egg over the potato and veggies.
- Place the American cheese slices on top of the egg.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover until the cheese is melted.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve.