Our tomatoes from our garden have been coming for about 3 weeks now. Way earlier than normal, however, the large tomatoes are just starting. What else do you do when that happens? Well BLT’s of course! I wait all summer for that wonderful garden tomato taste. I refuse to eat hot-house tomatoes so I am ready to dig in when these ripen.
My husband cooked up the bacon for me (such a sweetie) and he made a normal BLT with toast. I planned on doing that but I looked at that beautiful Romaine Lettuce and I thought how great it would taste to use the lettuce as a wrap. I absolutely love bread with my BLT’s but let me tell you, these were amazing! I could have eaten 10 of these! I think I loved them so much because all of that bacon and fresh garden tomato flavor seemed it intensify with the loss of the bread. I will definitely be making these again!
Lay a piece of Romaine Lettuce on a plate with the edges curling upwards.
Add mayonnaise or Miracle Whip all along the length of the lettuce.
Cut a large thick slice of tomato in half and lay on the lettuce.
Add two pieces of bacon on the tomato slices,
fold the lettuce over the bacon and enjoy!
- 1# bacon, cooked and drained
- Romaine Lettuce, separated, rinsed and patted dry
- 1-2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- mayonnaise or Miracle Whip to taste
- Lay one leaf of lettuce on a plate so it curves up.
- Spread mayonnaise or Miracle Whip along the inside of the lettuce.
- Cut a slice of tomato in half and lay each piece side by side on the lettuce.
- Place two slices of bacon on top of the tomatoes.
- Fold the lettuce over the bacon making a wrap and enjoy!