Easy Pizza Dough
This is my favorite pizza dough. It is so much better tasting and easier to work with than that canned stuff! I like to make mine up ahead of time and put it in the refrigerator until I make my pizza later that day or even the next day. You can even put it in the freezer. To use it after freezing it, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Source: Erika B. Dingeldein
Put your warm water (105 – 110 degrees)
into a small bowl. Add the sugar and
the yeast and stir until the yeast dissolves.
Set aside for 5 minutes. The yeast will
create a foam layer on top. If it
doesn’t then you have bad yeast.
Spray a medium bowl with cooking oil.
Whisk together the flour and the salt.
Put the flour mixture into a medium bowl.
Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture.
Use a wooden spoon and mix
together to make a dough.
Scrape the dough into the bowl that
you sprayed with cooking oil.
Turn the dough over so the cooking
spray coats both sides of the dough.
Cover with a towel and let sit for 20 minutes.
Usually I use a dish towel but this time
I just used a paper towel.
Punch down the dough and if it is too sticky
add a little flour so it doesn’t stick to your
hands. Knead it a couple of times and
form a ball. At this point it’s ready to be
rolled out and placed onto your pizza pan.
This makes a nice size crust. I put mine on
a large cookie sheet. You may get two
crusts out of it if you like it thin and smaller.
I like to make mine earlier in the day and
clean up. After I punch it down I wrap it
in plastic wrap and put it in a plastic bag
then place it in the refrigerator until I am
ready to make my pizza. It may continue to
rise in the refrigerator which is why I put
it in a plastic bag. I don’t want it
popping out and drying out.
Easy Pizza Dough
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (105-110 degrees)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 3-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine water, sugar and yeast. Stir to dissolve the yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the salt and flour.
- In a medium bowl add the flour mixture and yeast mixture together using a wooden spoon.
- Spray a medium bowl with cooking oil.
- Pour the dough into the cooking sprayed bowl. Turn the dough over coating both sides of the dough with the cooking spray.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and if the dough is sticking to your hands, add a little flour until it doesn’t.
- Knead a couple of times and roll out to your desired shape.
- Spray the pizza pan with cooking spray and form the dough to the pan.
- Add the pizza sauce and whatever other toppings you want including cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Change the oven to broil and broil the pizza until the top is completely cooked.