What is an Artisan Salad? Have you ever bought Artisan Lettuce? Mine came with three different types of lettuce: Sweet Gem, Tango & Oak.
Sweet Gem lettuce is subtly sweet and not bitter. Tango Lettuce has a flavor described as tangy. Oak lettuce has a mild taste and is tender. Use whatever type of lettuce you like or make your salad using them all.
Artisan lettuce comes attached to the clump at the base and needs to be cut off before using it and the lettuce should be rinsed before making your salad.
What a great variety of color and taste!
Below is the Artisan Salad recipe I made for my husband.
On a plate, place whatever type of the lettuce that you prefer.
I used two types of the lettuce but you certainly can add all three kinds.
Next I added croutons and grape tomatoes sliced in half.
My husband loves red onion so of course I added that and
I put a whole grape tomato in the center just to be fancy.
Last I sprinkled on some shredded cheddar cheese.
My husband topped this delicious Artisan Salad with
my homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing…..link below.
- 1 container Artisan Lettuce
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 6 large croutons
- 1 slice red onion, segments cut in half and separated
- 2-3 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Cut the Artisan Lettuce from the bottom clump. Rinse the lettuce and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the lettuce on the plate.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half.
- Place tomatoes, croutons and red onion on the lettuce.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, top with your favorite salad dressing and serve.