This was a HUGE hit! Everyone went nuts over this Pizza Meatloaf, even my 3 and 7-year-old grandchildren. My grandson just kept saying “I love this pizza!” This was put at the top of our list as one of our favorite meatloaves!
There is pizza sauce and Parmesan cheese inside the meatloaf with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese smothered all over the top! It was amazing and one of the best meatloaves I have ever made.
Source: Adapted from The Country Chic Cottage.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef and sausage.
In a small bowl combine half of the pizza sauce and the egg.
Stir in the onion. Add the bread crumbs, Italian seasonings,
garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
Put the sauce mixture into the hamburger/sausage
mixture and mix well with your hands.
Spray a meatloaf pan with cooking spray.
Place the meatloaf mixture into the meatloaf pan, packing the meat tight.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes,
or an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Remove from the oven and using a baster, suck the excess
grease from the meatloaf pan but leave the meatloaf intact.
Spread the other half of the pizza sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
Spread the Mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
Put the meatloaf back into the oven until the sauce is
bubbling at the sides and the cheese is melted.
Let cool for about 5 minutes.
Slice the meatloaf inside the pan and remove each piece with a spatula.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound hot pork sausage (or mild)
- 1-15 oz can pizza sauce (divided)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 medium onion chopped small
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped small
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef and sausage.
- In a small bowl combine half the pizza sauce and the egg.
- In the pizza sauce bowl stir in the onion, bread crumbs, Italian seasonings, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
- Add the pizza sauce mixture to the hamburger/sausage mixture and mix well with your hands.
- Spray a meatloaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place the meatloaf mixture into the pan packing it tightly.
- Cover with plastic wrap until ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook for 1 hour 10 minutes or until the middle is at least 160 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and use a baster to suck out the excess grease in between the pan and meatloaf leaving the meatloaf intact.
- Spread the last half of the pizza sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Place the meatloaf back into the oven until the sauce bubbles and the cheese melts.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes then slice with the meatloaf still in the pan. Use a spatula to lift the pieces out of the pan.