M & M Cookies
I came up with this M & M Cookie recipe many, many years ago. The cookies come out of the oven perfect every time. I bake them on parchment paper which keeps them from spreading out to thin. I like to use the red and green M & M’s because these cookies are part of my Christmas cookie tradition. There is nothing fancy about these cookies, they are just a delicious homemade M & M Cookie and a huge hit in our house.
Whisk together the dry
ingredients and set aside.
Mix the butter, shortening, sugars, vanilla and water.
Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each egg.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until all combined.
Stir in by hand as many M & M’s as you would like.
Place a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough 2” apart on a
baking sheet covered with oven safe parchment paper.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes
or until golden brown.
M & M Cookies
- 2 – 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp water
- M & M’s (1-2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together the butter, Crisco shortening, sugars, vanilla and water until creamy and combined.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the M & M’s by hand.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the cookie dough 2” apart onto an oven safe parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack or a sheet of foil on the counter.
- Store in an air tight container or bag.