Peanut Butter Cookies With Chocolate Stars
What a great combination, soft Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Stars! I can’t find chocolate stars in our town anymore so, once again, we drive to Amish Country for them. A lot of people put Hershey Kisses in their peanut butter cookies but I make these cookies for Christmas and the chocolate stars are a Christmas tradition in my house. These are another family favorite that I have made for decades. They also freeze well as long as you freeze them on a baking sheet first and then put them in a freezer bag.
In a medium bowl, whisk
dry ingredients together.
In another medium bowl, cream
butter with the peanut butter.
Add the sugars to the peanut butter
mixture and mix until combined.
Add the egg and vanilla
and mix until fluffy.
Add the flour, a little a time,
until completely mixed in.
Roll into 1” balls.
Roll each ball into granulated sugar.
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet
2” apart. Bake in a 375 degree preheated
oven for 12 minutes.
press a Chocolate star into the cookies
as soon as they come out of the oven.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Stars
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- chocolate stars, or kisses
- 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling cookie balls into
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together.
- Add both of the sugars to the peanut butter mixture and mix together.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture a little at a time until it all is well blended.
- Shape into 1″ balls and roll into granulated sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a chocolate star into the center of each cookie.
- This makes about 30 cookies. These can be frozen if you freeze them flat first and then place them in a freezer bag.